Mar 14, 2013

Easy Thai Curry

Thai Curry kind of seems tricky to make... and there are lots of different ways to do it. So here is one of the simplest recipes I found, adapted from this blog. It is easily vegan and gluten free :)

My local health food store is small, and they only had red curry paste, no green, so I went with that. In terms of veggies for the curry, I buy whatever I see at the farmer's market and the little health food store. Use whichever veggies YOU like to eat or that you have available! Curries and soups are extremely versatile, I learned that quickly!

Ingredients:

1 large sweet potato, or a couple small ones, peeled and cubed
2 large zucchinis, just slice em in rounds/halves
1 cup of snap peas
1 square inch (ish) of ginger, peeled and minced
1 cup vegetable broth (I use Better Than Bullion paste and water)
2 tbsp curry paste
1 cup lite coconut milk (sold in can)
1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil but coconut would surely work!)
1 tbsp raw cane sugar
1 lime (important!)

Heat the oil, curry paste, ginger, and a little bit of water in a pan. Add sugar too. Then add broth. Get it boilin' then add veggies and coco milk. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add some lime then and maybe some more as you're eating and tasting that it may require more.

MMM. In Thailand we call that aroy mahk mahk!

No comments:

Post a Comment